Wednesday, January 20, 2010


A small Stampin' Up bird stamp inspired a little embroidery piece this morning...just stamped right onto fabric. I haven't finished embroidering the heart in his mouth, which of course has to be Valentine red. Thought I would put him on top of a heart which will hang on a gift I'm making for a special Valentine next month. The stamp is from a little hostess set from many years ago which included a word stamp: "Thinking of you is a nice thing to do" - how appropriate.
A day when you can make something you like can't be written off as a total loss, no matter what happens later. Maybe I should get up a little earlier in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Cute little birdie!! That reminds me of the first project we did at Silver Bella last year. We made a little stuffed piece hanging from velvet, sort of like an ornament! How goes the closet?

    ReplyDelete