Sunday, January 17, 2010

Art closet






Welcome from Ginger to my first-ever official blog! I want to show you the project I'm working on - I got the idea from artist Pamela Garrison http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/pamgarrison/2008/02/so-does-that-ma.html who created a wonderful art closet. I'm hoping to do something similar to hold all my different hobby items, stamps, fabric, thread, yarn, paint, etc. in a way that will inspire me when I look at my things. I like to use what I have, and feel guilty having things that aren't being used, so my ultimate goal is to envision ideas for making things just by peeking into the closet.






I took a picture of my craft room closet in November so you can see the monster I'm trying to tackle:





















I would say it looks worse than normal, but that would be a lie. It has looked like that pretty much for 10 years now.





I started on Saturday by emptying out the closet completely. Wow - it's really a nice closet!









1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea, can't wait to see the finsihed project. Then you can come over and help me get myspace clean and organized.lol

    ReplyDelete